Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation            Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

Kiwi House and Native Bird Park
The National Wildlife Centre
MOTUIHE PROJECT
Parrot Society of New Zealand
Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - Need help on mutation and sexing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

Need help on mutation and sexing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Mutations and Species
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pabloc
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I don't anderstand why you cant speak , write en dream in dutch after beeing so long in Belgium

Paul, I was lazy and at my company we did everything in English, and I did almost no social life outside work. Besides I was lazy to learn because I didn't have a feeling that I was going to stay for long in Belgium.

Maybe dreaming is too much, but... at least learning the basics... I should have taken the opportunity to do it. I speak a bit of Portuguese and it's of great help many times, learning languages is always useful.
At least I could have tried to learn some French while I was living in Brussels.

Anyway... too late now for regrets.

Quote:
A call those birds pied ( bont in dutch )

d'oh! I didn't notice it.
Yes... our colleague Bruno said lutino, while they are indeed pied birds.

I don't know in other countries, but here in Spain and Portugal, everybody calls them lutino.
I was making the same mistake until the good colleagues here at kakariki.net explained me about this phenotype 2 years ago.

Thanks for the remark.

Have a nice week!

Pablo

http://kakariki2009.skyrock.com/
http://cyanoramphus.weebly.com/index.html
bpalhares

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject:

Hello!

pabloc, feel free to write in english, it's like my second language :D
I'm a computer guy, so i have to know english....

I lived in Poland for nine months, THAT'S a hard language :D

If you wanna ask for a direction on the street, you have to compose an interely diferent sentence if you are asking a man or a woman....

Best regards
Bruno Palhares
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Thats not english, thats american signlol
What are u into hardware, networking or programing?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject:

Steptoe wrote:
Quote:

Thats not english, thats american signlol
What are u into hardware, networking or programing?

Well, it's international english :D my base english was learn through seeing tv.... now almost every cartoon and animation is dubbed in portuguese, but in my childhood, no dubbing, only subtitles.

i'm a computer engineer, i currently work in a city hall/council ( well, i don't know ho to say Cāmara Municipal ), and basically.... i do everithing regarding to computers.... hell, i do everything regarding to anything that has more than 2 buttons and has lights bleeping :D

But my preferences go to networking.
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject:

Similar to me...thu after 15 odd yrs in the trade Im sick of it...sick of buttons..and most of the work once everything has been set up right is like washing dishes in a restrant, and dont even get a chance to have a change and dry the dishes..... Wink hell I dont even have a cell phone...never ever txted, let alone how to answer one Shocked
Need a career change....gardens or engineering, laths welding something like that.... or maybe wait till I retire then change.

Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Need a career change....

Me too :)

I like computers, but just as end user, doesn't attract me as to do it as everyday job.

Gardening doesn't sound bad.
Maybe we can set up an international joint venture. Steps & Pablo Co. (Sounds a bit like Ben & Jerry's)

Quote:
i do everything regarding to anything that has more than 2 buttons and has lights bleeping :D

:fun: signlol

Quote:
now almost every cartoon and animation is dubbed in portuguese

that's too bad, because next generation of portuguese fellas will be a bunch of dumbasses that only speak Portuguese, like it happens in Spain. It's a shame

bpalhares

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject:

pabloc wrote:
Quote:
Need a career change....

Me too :)

Well, with me, that's three... and to think that i had the oportunity once to study marine biology instead of computer engineering.....

I'm so tired of computers, well, being forced to work with them for a living.....

i'm strongly considering on taking another degree, something with biology, with science... but i'm almost 30 years old... not easy for a change.....

Well, i always have my birds... and aquariums....
pabloc
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject:

Bruno,

would be nice to take a look at one of your aquariums.
We want to see some s05 s05

About careers and choices in life, it's difficult to tell. You never know.
I studied and worked at what was supposedly my passion, and ended up getting sick of it.

My girlfriend finished her law degree, and started a Criminology degree. She has finished it but she was not really hooked with it, and says it was not really what she was expecting. She didn't even consider working at it.
And she still watches C.S.I. whenever is on air, or downloads old episodes to watch again (or can it be because of Horatio and Grissom?)

You can always study while you work, or keep hobbies where they belong... to the time off. So you can always do it for pleasure, not obligation.

Cheers / Pablo

Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
but i'm almost 30 years old... not easy for a change.....

Thats BS m8, an excuse
Im an industrail Chemist by 'trade' studied moved into production management..from their Brought a fiberglass moulding company and factory...sold that, moved into Fitting and turning, welding, metal spraying, then landscaping, and accidenly fell into computers and networks...

The Ma in law spent most of her life working on a kiwi fruit farm after dropping out of school...At aroud 50 went to uni and got a degree in teaching...
The wife dropped out of achool (yrs ago) worked her way up in the supermarket top management from filling shelves in the middle of the night.
Decided 2 yrs ago to give it up and ge a degree in teaching, shes just finishing her 2nd yr with B+ and A s anf has 2 top schools already head hunting her.
Most people do not stay with the one career...they may start off as a electrican or plumber, either end up doing something completely different or running their own company...management not pulling wires which is very different.
All you need to do is have good old commonsence, listen to people, and read the manuals and help files...google these days is good to Wink
Computers , I dont have a quailfication to my name in the feild, with common sence quickly went from a tecy to cheif honcho administrator...
The guys with degres have no idea the mechanics of how a company works, what each staff meber requires to do their job, generally tied up in proving how much they know and complicate stuff unnessary.
I have a very low opinion of most computer/netwrk people, they are lazy, dont look after the details and dont know how to avoid issues by taking care of details before they happen....and dishonest, full of BS when things go wrong..."Oh it is a virus" "the thing went down" rather than.."crap forgot to set that up right"
Computers and networks are like building a Hot Rod Engine....2x and 3x check every tolerance down to the last 0.5/1000 of an inch, every stage checked and 2x checked....it will last for ever...if not it will blow up.

Rule of thumb spend 1/2 amount more doing a job checking.
I not it takes 3x times the amount of time to fix a stuff up
Or " Work hard at being lazy"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Mutations and Species All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: