Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation            Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

Kiwi House and Native Bird Park
New Zealand Brown Teal (Pateke)
ZEALANDIA: The Karori Sanctuary Experience
Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand
Parrot Society of New Zealand

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - Funny stories
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

Funny stories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Pets Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaikhe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Funny stories

Well, not so much haha as wow:

I bought a new girl to keep my lonely boy company. They live in a very large cage in my bedroom and I let them out to fly around the room. The first time I opened the cage door for the new girl, the boy came out first, showing the way, flew almost into the mirror and sheered off.

My boy knows all about the mirror. I can only assume he was warning my new girl about it. And indeed, she was rather cautious near it when she finally came out - what else can I think? She flew happily in the room but was careful near the mirror. Wow! Shocked

PS she hasn't yet been introduced to the window - I had the curtains drawn. I'll plaster it with stickers so she understands, but I'm sure Tane will explain also. He loves to sit on the windowsill and watch the birds outside!
pabloc
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject:

hi,

looks like you have a true gentleman at home signlol

Cheers / Pablo

http://kakariki2009.skyrock.com/
http://cyanoramphus.weebly.com/index.html
Chaikhe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Help! I'm harbouring a criminal!

My female was playing with something that was making quite a thump in her cage. I looked over, knowing that nothing in her cage should be making a thump like that. There she was with a $1 coin. Now there is NO way it could have fallen in her cage by accident. She STOLE it! And flew it to her cage to play with. Where does one send a kakariki for rehab?
pabloc
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject:

:fun: looks like you'll have to open him a bank acct. for his savings

Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Our hous parrot has a habit of finding stuff in the kitchen...big heavy stuff one would think there is no way he can fly up with it to the top of the cage
Then drops it from almost roof height...
loves the bang/clang on the polished floors
He only does it when no one is around so he doesnt get growled...like when the sun has just come up early morning, everyone is still in bed.
(he has free range of the house 24/7)

If it is too heavy to fly with he throws stuff off the kitchen bench.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Convinced were all mad javascript:emoticon('happybana')

Hi to all,you people are nearly as entertaining as our Kaks with their antics.It so enjoyable to have a good laugh cause you can relate to what the person's talking about and we all take their behavior so seriously.If their not sick,then I reckon they have as much fun watching us go through the scenarios of trying to fix something that a lot of the time didn't need it.My Kak watch's everything I do,I keep him in the kitchen from breaky till after dinner,so he see's humans from a bird's eye view.After dinner I put him in my husbands office (which is in the middle of the house)but up high cause we have 3 german shepard x dogs,so Riccki has to be up high it's only fair.He's not worried about the dogs,because when it's his house time I lock them out,and they are all accepting of this.Riccki amazes me just how much he eats and just watch's what's going on.Between you and me I'd say he's the top dog.My husband tells me that when I drive in Riccki goes off like the dogs,maybe he thinks he's part of the pack,which he is or more than likely it's that I have heaps of native flowers each day for him.In Sydney we are in our first month of Autumn so bottlebrush,grevilleas and native plants are still easy to find.I have given Riccki Cammilia flowers and he ate the hole flower,when I told the guy I bought him off he said you were abit risky.He's also eaten Hibiscus,actually only tonight I gave him a small piece of Tuna as I was making Tuna/potato and cheese Vol au Vents.He eats red chillies,but with the smorgasbord he has in his cage it seems he has a diverse diet.Or maybe he's just a eating machine,he spends 70% of his time foraging the the floor of his castle like a chicken/bird.Also Riccki is very protective about his castle(home,cage)it makes me happy that he wants to go back to it when I need him too,no problem he likes his place.It's pretty obvious by now if any of you could last the distance of my letter that I'm in LOVE Applause
pabloc
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject:

signlol funny story

I love german sheperds also

Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Also Riccki is very protective about his castle(home,cage)it makes me happy that he wants to go back to it when I need him too,

Does he go back there to poo to? Our king does.
2 piles of poo one on the paper below the prch on the doorway of the cage, the other below where he roosts in his cage at night....
Ocassinal a couple drops per week on the floor below the kitchen door.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject:

No he isn't that considerate yet,I'm a newy at Kakariki (little people with loads of attitude).I got him at 8mths last June,he was interfering with his parents raising their babies.So the guy I got him from had to put him in with his cockatiels, he tryed to get me to take a baby but I had fallen for Rickki,I could tell he was going to be fun,didn't realize just what a challenge he can be as well! Shame on you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Pets Corner All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: