Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation            Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

Kiwi House and Native Bird Park
New Zealand Brown Teal (Pateke)
Parrot Society of New Zealand
Karori Wildlife Sanctuary Wellington, NZ
ZEALANDIA: The Karori Sanctuary Experience

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - my new pet kik
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

my new pet kik

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki General Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taz1986

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: my new pet kik

hiya every1 hope some1 can help i have a female kakaraki i had her a week now she is 14weeks old and was wondering if it was possible to introduce another on into the same cage or would they fight no saying i getting another one but thinking about it i am thinking bout getting a male for her some company also she has started doing a silly noise as if she is laughing but as she is doing it she sticks her tail up is this some sort or mating call pls help this is the first kakarki ive had thks TARA xxxx
pabloc
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Hi Tara,

w3c to the community, we are glad to have +1 kakariki fan.
And by the way we seem to have a nice group of people from UK, that's really nice.

I believe your hen is probably making a mating call.
About introduction of a new bird, this has been discussed before, try to use the search function on "introduction" "new bird/male/female" etc... there are even some recent topics about this since it's a recurrent topic.
It depends on how big is the cage, how aggressive is the bird you have at home etc...
General suggestion is to place the bird in a different cage next to the bird you have at home and let them spend time in a neutral place, like for instance a room during flight time.

Then when you think they get on well you can place them together in the same cage and supervise.

Usually single birds are a bit more likely to accept a new mate in the cage but not always.

Cheers / Pablo

http://kakariki2009.skyrock.com/
http://cyanoramphus.weebly.com/index.html
taz1986

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject:

ok thk u i do have spar cage tht cage with my bird she is not nasty at all she is sweet and lovely
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki General Care All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: