Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation            Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

Kiwi House and Native Bird Park
Karori Wildlife Sanctuary Wellington, NZ
MOTUIHE PROJECT
Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand
ZEALANDIA: The Karori Sanctuary Experience

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - LUTINO BABIES WITH NO RED CREST
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

LUTINO BABIES WITH NO RED CREST
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Mutations and Species
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tailofdog
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: LUTINO BABIES WITH NO RED CREST

I have 4 strong babies LUTINO with no crest color. They have just a clear yellow head. Now i have just been told this is very unusual and needs careful planning to, get the best results.
ANY THOUGHTS?
I will try to learn how to post pictures so as to make them visual. <v>
Peter
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Not so unusual. They are yellow crowns. When they have dark eyes they are recessive pieds aka black eyed clears. When they have red eyes they are Lutino. The Lutino's I know of are not true Lutino's but a combination of Cinnamon and Fallow.
tailofdog
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Little bit of red

They are starting to develop a little bit of red on the crown. The parents are a
Lutino cock and cinnamon hen.
Would i be better off pairing the young with cinnamon or as long as they had some cinnamon blood? Wink
pabloc
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject:

tailofdog,

to upload pictures you can either attach them to a post (you have in the lower part of the post function a section to attach files) or you could either upload them to a website like imageshack or picasa and paste a link here.

About your young kakariki... youngsters usually take a couple of days so that the pinfeathers in the forehead start to open and show the crown, but if they are yellow-crowned they only have a very narrow band right above the cere.

What species are your kakariki?

cheers / Pablo

http://kakariki2009.skyrock.com/
http://cyanoramphus.weebly.com/index.html
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
or you could either upload them to a website like imageshack or picasa and paste a link here

We would much rather they be uploaded as u post....(more detailed how to in the "how to " section of these forums)
The reason is that when hot linked to a remote server, as time goes on these become obsolete and disapear....so when someone is referencing to a pic in a post, there is no pic to see.

Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: RED CROWNED

THESE GUYS ARE RED CROWNED WITH NOTHING ELSE IN THEIR HISTORY THAT'S MY SURPRISE!! duno
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject:

Could you email me the pics please?
How big are they?

Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: NORMAL SIZE

Steptoe wrote:
Could you email me the pics please?
How big are they?

I have off the beginning of the week and will figure out the picture sending over that time.
They are a good size. The only different thing is they are more friendly than normal babies.
pabloc
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject:

tail,

Steps meant what is the size of the pictures, as some e-mail services have a limit size.
Feel free to ask anything about how to edit the pics, etc... and I'm also sure you can also find some step-by-step tutorial on the web for a given program (I suggest for instance irfranview, as it's free and a very nice program).

There is a mutation in cockatiels that makes the orange cheek-patch become yellow. I don't see why not this could happen in kakariki, but then all the other red spots in the body should be also yellow. Check up the thigh spots for instance.

Cheers / Pablo

tailofdog
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: SENT

I sent pictures to the adminstrator AT kakariki DOT net Some came back. wall

(note moderator:
E-mail link changed ... adding email addresses to posts attracts spam bots. They automatically scan web sites to find them and send spam)
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject:

Could u please resend...I have not recieved them
try the web master link top left of the page instead.

Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: SEND ME YOUR E-MAIL

SEND ME YOUR E_MAIL AS I DON"T USE OUTLOOK EXPRESS SO, CAN'T CLICK ON THE WEBMASTER
pabloc
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Hi tail!

I have just sent you a pm.
btw.... some browsers have a function that when you right-click over an "email-me" button you can select a copy e-mail address option
(firefox and google chrome allow for that).

If you still have trouble sending them by e-mail, use an image hosting website like imageshack or picasa, but I strongly suggest you learn basic image edition, it comes in very handy. For me in the beginning was a bit difficult to understand all the concepts but after you learn the basics it's very rewarding to be able to edit your pics.

Cheers / Pablo

Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Just got the pic..emailed

Quote:
I have 4 strong babies LUTINO with no crest color. They have just a clear yellow head.

Now going back to Peters post...without him seeing the birds...
Quote:
Not so unusual. They are yellow crowns. When they have dark eyes they are recessive pieds aka black eyed clears. When they have red eyes they are Lutino. The Lutino's I know of are not true Lutino's but a combination of Cinnamon and Fallow.

As u can see they do have some marking red marking in the crown in in particular markings that exist behinsd the eye and red.
iUInfortunately these a nether yellow or red crown, they are a hybridied cross between the 2...Hybrids should never be created
We have enough issues now both in the endangered wild flocks in NZ and limited gene pools around the world in capitivity.

Note: the orginal pic as emailed shows the red marks very distinct before pics are edited down for web used

lutinohybrids.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.9 KB
 Viewed:  164 Time(s)

lutinohybrids.jpg

Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: LUTINO PICTURES SOLVED

found out the problem was my windows mail. It just refused to send any pictures at all.
I used my siste-in laws hotmail and, straight away they went.
Sent 2 pictures to Pablo.
Looks like 2 cocks and 2 hens at this point.
I am just about to give them a separate aviary with some BEC splits Applause To hopefully get a pool of splits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Mutations and Species All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: