Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Recommend Us
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand
New Zealand Brown Teal (Pateke)
New Zealand Conservation Management Group
MOTUIHE PROJECT
ZEALANDIA: The Karori Sanctuary Experience

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - Puku pics....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

Puku pics....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Pets Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orange
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Puku pics....

Hi everyone,
Here are some piccies of Puku my new birdy!!
Thanks Jonny

Isn't she beautiful?!!!
The one where she has her beak open looks a bit freaky but actually she was just singing at the time...or maybe she was telling me to go away...can't read her too well just yet, but she sounded pretty happy...honest!!! signlol

IMG_0100.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.14 KB
 Viewed:  153 Time(s)

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.54 KB
 Viewed:  140 Time(s)

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.89 KB
 Viewed:  125 Time(s)

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.12 KB
 Viewed:  128 Time(s)

IMG_0109.jpg

Last edited by Orange on Sat May 06, 2006 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Jonny
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

Some lovely pics of her there Orange. s05

looks like she's settled in nicely.. <v>

That cage is lovely and big, how long before she has a friend to share it with her Wink
tiki
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Orange she is a lovely bird, and I love the cage when I can afford it will love to get one that size.
ksue
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Orange she looks lovely..........nice and big......I love the cage and the scratch tray down the bottem is fantastic.......she is one lucky chicky
Orange
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject:

*proud and a half!!* Hehehe....she is lovely isn't she!!!

I am glad that everyone approves of her cage...I spent many hours looking for it and was so worried that I would get her one that was too small, so I basically got her the biggest one I could find without the bar spacings being too big! Especially glad that you are happy with it Jonny : )
Hopefully not too long before she has a little friend, although I don't necessarily want to breed so maybe another girly or a different sort of bird but it would be lovely to have two kaks....would two hens be ok? I assume they would because aviary birds must live with same sex birds. Of course I would have to quarantine the other aswell so I would have to get another cage first!! hehehe wonder what the other half would think about that!! Think signlol

Oh and thanks Steps (I assume) for taking away the first one with the mistake : )

Snr Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject:

hi orange

i think ive finaly sorted pc ive just scene pukas pics for the 1st time shes beutiful i really like the cage to where did you get it and how much as it shes 1 lucky bird signlol

sarah
Orange
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject:

hi Sarah!

Thanks, she is lovely isn't she!
The cage I got from e bay it cost me 73 !!! Absolute bargain!! I then spent another 15 on proper bird cage disinfectant, it was definitely worth it!
She loves it and will be sharing it with a friend soon! I am getting another one on the 3rd July and he will of course be quarantined for a month and then Puku will have a friend!! Hooray! <v> <v>

Snr Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject:

wow that is good!! ive got 1 nearly the same it was 100 out of my local paper paulie loves it i got a new adition to the flock a baby macaw i got her last week shes blue and gold only 20 weeks she still tries to suck peoples fingers signlol [thinks its a bottle as she was hand reared] sadly the tiels eggs never hatched so ive took the nest box off and im gonna try again next year wen there a bit older also ive took in another cat his owner died and he had no family so i took him in his tabby and white and a boy what have you been up to latley?

sarah
Orange
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Ah..my reply to this was one of the ones that was lost!! oh well!
I am impressed that you got a macaw!!! Thats a commitment and a half! I looked after one for a few months a while ago and although he was lovely he was such a handful, really really demanding. He was 2 and so starting to go through his hormonal stage...nightmare!!! I did grow to love him though, but I don't think I will ever get one for myself.
How much was yours if you don't mind my asking? What have you called her...and where are the pics??? : )
Shame about the tiel eggs...still these things happen ay?!
Not been up to a huge amount, got promoted at work so been enjoying that. Just looking forward to getting my new kakariki I am getting one of Scullys...I have been trying to choose one out of the clutch, which is virtually impossible! I have been chatting away on the bird carzy forum which is good fun, you should come and have a look, the pictures of the kak babies are there and are just soooo adorable!
How many animals do you have now? a new cat too...crazy, you must have loads of room in your house!

Snr Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject:

hiya the macaw is called jazz she was called that when i got her she is a lovely bird but is very hard to handle i honestly didnt realise how much of a commitment it was i was thinking of giving her back to the man i got her from i feel really bad for doing it but i cant handle her properly as shes so big i paid 1,400 for her and then had to pay 200 for her cage i think i was ripped off altogether ive got jazz (the macaw) paulie (the amazon) nala major billy and spike (the tiels) blade (the red rump) tana and kiwi (the kaks) jerry paws stella lizzy doretto fluffy panda and the new 1 is smartie (the cats) sally (the dog) and 7 fish i am going to rehome some of them as its getting to much to i cant give them the attention they need as theres so many (ive got possibal homes for 2 of the cats) and i have phoned the rspca and cat protection and im waiting for them to get back to me i will have a look at that bird site after ive posted this im probarly babbaling now signlol so ill speak to you soon
Orange
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject:

Oh thats a shame about Jazz, would you get your money back? But with macaws if you don't give them a lot of time then they can turn nasty. She'll get bigger too and harder to handle when she gets to sexual maturity.
They are such expensive birds, that is on the dear side for a macaw, although I see a lot of people charging that for them, you can get them much cheaper!
Which of them are you going to rehome? If you haven't got the time to give them the attention they need its probably a good thing, but sad for you all the same! I could would gladly give a home to somebody if you wanted/needed me too!

Did you apply to get onto that pre vet nurse course?

Snr Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject:

hiya it is unfortanute but id rather give them to loving homes than keep them and not be able to cope 2 of the cats have gone lizzy and panda went to a neigbour the birds have gone to a pet shop i got 40 for 7 birds the tiels the kaks and the red rump i thourght that was rediculous i rang the man who i got jazz from and he has offerd 800 back so if i get no better offers i will have to exept that some1 has offerd me a breeding pair of african greys and some1 else has offerd 2 tame amazons but theres no way they would be worth 1,400 (although its not the money its the princibal of it) im keeping paulie she was wld when i got her she would scream at u if u went by the cage and changing food and water etc was a nightmare now shes tame talking will step up give kisses loves going in the shower eats from your hand she has come a really long way and in only 8 months as well im keeping the fish there no trouble and the dogs a family pet so theres 2 cats left to rehome paws and doretto im keeping the other 4 so if ypu would be intrested im a cat or 2 let me no and ill tell you all about them they are free to good homes and i no they would be in a good home with you as your a vet signlol xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Pets Corner All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: