Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation            Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand
MOTUIHE PROJECT
New Zealand Brown Teal (Pateke)
New Zealand Conservation Management Group
Kiwi House and Native Bird Park

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - Hello, I'm new!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

Hello, I'm new!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> General Non Kakariki Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redstreaks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Hello, I'm new!

Hey everyone, just want to say hello! I am from Toronto, Canada and have two red fronted Kakariki's. One is a male, Luke who is 5 yrs old, and I've had him since age 6 weeks as a handfed baby. The other is Leia, a 6 month old baby I got a week ago, she is a Cinammon Red Front.

Hope to chat with you guys soon! :)
C0nor
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: welcome

laoa !WELCOME!
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Welcome on board m8...
If u want a gallery, show of a few pics, or any help how to do stuff, just holla...
Know any good Sth African jokes? those guys are giving us Kiwis a bit of a hard time in the forums Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject:

LOL!!! no south african jokes known here, only odd canadian sayings here and there... Rolling Eyes

i will get some pics this weekend and post them up! :)
Allen
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Welcome Redstreaks, Kakrikis are ideal for a cold climate, far more suited and hardier than most parrots. So get more, get breeding and get posting.

Steptoe wrote:
"Know any good Sth African jokes? those guys are giving us Kiwis a bit of a hard time in the forums"

Hey, not fair! I think I am the only South African member here and there are plenty of Kiwi members that can defend themselves - find jokes.

I'll probaly have to be very quiet during the rugby season but then again:
South Africa is the reigning Tri-nations champion and the Kiwis are the current wooden spoonists and that won't change for the next couple of months.

P S I heard there are more sheep in NZ than people, is that true or is that only true in Australia.
Bananabenders

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Allen wrote:
Welcome Redstreaks, Kakrikis are ideal for a cold climate, far more suited and hardier than most parrots. So get more, get breeding and get posting.

Steptoe wrote:
"Know any good Sth African jokes? those guys are giving us Kiwis a bit of a hard time in the forums"

Hey, not fair! I think I am the only South African member here and there are plenty of Kiwi members that can defend themselves - find jokes.

I'll probaly have to be very quiet during the rugby season but then again:
South Africa is the reigning Tri-nations champion and the Kiwis are the current wooden spoonists and that won't change for the next couple of months.

P S I heard there are more sheep in NZ than people, is that true or is that only true in Australia.

Nothing like that here in Aussie, they run about 50 sheep per acre in NZ,
& we run about 50 acres per sheep. I went Pig shooting last year out past St George Qld, 8 hours drive from Brisbane, & the farm we stayed at, 30,000 acres, had no grass so they were feeding stock on Mulga Bush.
No bull,
Graeme
Allen
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject:

Maybe Steptoe should start a mutton site for all the sheep lovers in NZ. Makes me wonder where they put all those sheep and still have space for their roads and houses too?

In Africa, some of the traditional rural indigenous people still pay for their wives with cattle. So the question is duno - How much mutton for a kiwi girl? Laughing
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject:

Allen wrote:
Makes me wonder where they put all those sheep and still have space for their roads and houses too?

Its all a matter Of Kiwi efficiency, we use them for lawn mowers in our city parks to
Allen wrote:

In Africa, some of the traditional rural indigenous people still pay for their wives with cattle. So the question is duno - How much mutton for a kiwi girl? Laughing

Oh thats easy..can simply be worked out using the current exchange rate (e)along with calculating that 1 NZ sheep(s) is worth 12 SA cattle(c)..(see pic s of SA cattle...one understands y ) Bear in mine 1 Kiwi Girl (k)= 3 SA girls.(a)
k=(12c)/e)3a Laughing Wink
So get married before emergrating here.
The divorce part is bad news...cost u an arm and a leg, plus all your sheep....u dont miss the arm and leg cause u dont need them anymore as there are no more sheep to look after Shocked

Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject:

What picture? :oops:

Our South African cows consist 200 kgs of good quality beef. I ordered a carcass the other day, forgot that I usually only buy a hind quarter and had quite a problem stuffing 212kgs of beef into the deeo freeze.

So isn't it 12 sheep equals one cow? The lamb I normally buy weighs about 17 - 20 kgs. I never buy mutton as its too tough. Shame on you

Forget about divorce, could never afford it. Twisted Evil
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject:

A heifer is around the 250 to 270kg
Premium export steer 280 to 400kg
Just as well u made the order mistake in SA and not here signlol

Lamb 15 to 18kg
hogget 17 to 22kg
A 21 to 22kg hogget is the ideal to put on a spit, Robin hood style.

Quote:
So isn't it 12 sheep equals one cow? The lamb I normally buy weighs about 17 - 20 kgs.

No its the quailty that counts, not quanity signlol

Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Steptoe wrote:

"Bear in mine 1 Kiwi Girl (k)= 3 SA girls.(a)"

"A heifer is around the 250 to 270kg"

A big SA girl is around 80 - 90 kg so a heifer must be another name for a kiwi girl. Twisted Evil
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject:

:fun:
ROTFLMAO... literately
Deb my wife just read the above, signlol
u are in deep deep trouble signlol
But yourself also being married will relise ...its not realy a problem, its only the depth at varies Wink Dancing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> General Non Kakariki Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: