Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation            Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

Kiwi House and Native Bird Park
Parrot Society of New Zealand
The National Wildlife Centre
Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand
Karori Wildlife Sanctuary Wellington, NZ

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - kak on the attack
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

kak on the attack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Breeding in Captivity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josy
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: kak on the attack

please could someone help me my 2 kakarikis have laid a few eggs but because there is no nest box the eggs just crack open so we have been taking them out. Up to now they have only had 2 eggs but reacently when my partner comes into the room the male one (tovi) keeps trying to attack him and he isnt usually like this. Is this because he is being protective and sees him as a threat?
Also when the female one (keeka) hides he goes daft because he can't see her and when my partner finds her ( usually hiding under the pillow) he sometimes attacks him then is this normal behaviour duno
Lin
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like perfectly normal behaviour to me in a bird in nesting mode. I have my lorikeets attack me as well, when in nesting mode.
josy
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject:

thanks for that lin at least we now know what is wrong with him Wink
ksue
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject:

They seem to get very protective of their girls......my male has only just started like this he is ok with us people but other bird are a big no no ....but if i go talk to the hen he watches very closley and will end up coming over to sticky beak LOL though in saying that he will still steal food off her if I give her somthing even though he feeds her 5 min later he is a typical male stomach over everything LOL
tiki
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject:

Ksue that is sooooo true.........they love food so much, if tiki is out of his cage and I happen to open the fridge or the pantry tiki will try to fly into them or sit on the top of the doors as he knows there is food in there and hopes to be getting something, makes it a little difficult when i want to close the doors, ive had to trien myself to check the doors before i close them, dont want to jam his feet or anything else in the door. Its amazing how curious they are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Breeding in Captivity All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: