Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation            Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

Karori Wildlife Sanctuary Wellington, NZ
Parrot Society of New Zealand
New Zealand Brown Teal (Pateke)
New Zealand Conservation Management Group
The National Wildlife Centre

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - 500th Member
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

500th Member

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> General Non Kakariki Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cattscapes
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: 500th Member

Congratulations Steptoe and Greg. The size of your membership reflects on the great site you provide. The more the merry i say. Cheers Kevin
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Thanks
....thats crept up on me...
A lot of ppl/admins place a great importance on the number of members.
I Dont believe such a logic is justified.
Its the quailty of membership that matters.
If u look thru the membership list, there are lot who never post..logs show they do a lot of reading, often find their answer..that shows the quailty of the site..They often visit on a regular basis, often a month or 2.
others that have a problem get support, say thanks and dont post again.
The logs show many of these also regually return, be it daily/weekly/ or monthly,
Most all come back.
The only reason they must come back, is the site is helpful.
It is only helpful because of the quality of the rest of the membership...
U guys think u are helping out a few ppl around the world....u are not..
For every question that is posted, there is at least 5 to 10 times more, who get their answers without joining or posting...and THEY keep coming back.
It is this that shows how good a site is in my opinion.
I just provided the pretty enviroment for u guys to do what u do very well signlol
Steps.

Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I would like to say "congratulations".
The other thing id like to say is that this is the best site I have joined when it comes to the kakariki's, I did join another one when I first got my bird but it wasn't as good as this one, when my first bird died i didnt need to go into the site anymore, when I got tiki i thought I would look up another site and did a google search and got the link to your site and as soon as i read the posts i was very impressed and knew that you all knew what you were talking about, there is so much helpful info in here, and yes it is a pretty site too, so well done to all admin people and thankyou for the best site around. Applause
Karen
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject:

I think you are too modest Steps! You have done a wonderful thing creating this world standard site.
This is a great place to come and learn and share experiences/knowledge with other people around the globe. All of this just would not have been possible without you & your enthusiastic love for the wonderful bird we have all grown to love.

So Steps, my congratulations is to you for a job well done - people could just read and move on but they don't they join to show their support for your great efforts. Applause
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
people could just read and move on but they don't they join to show their support for your great efforts.

The orginal (and still is) concept was to provide accurate info and support for kakariki...We know from logs, most ppl now read and move on...there is no need to join to show support. They only need to join if they have further questions/comment.
The slowing of membership growth is the most significate factor in showing that the support/sharing of core pet and breeder members have provided good information on the site.
Also of significance is the very high search engine rankings and number of other related bird sites (2000 to 3000) also link to us for reference.

Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject:

Although I haven't been a member very long, I must give my congratulations to all those who keep this site running. It is an extremely valuable place to come for us who are new Kakariki owners (and in my case someone who has a pair of birds that are breeding which I didn't expect)
All those who add support to us newbies are a great asset and I think that those who keep us all going should indeed be much less modest about the help and support that this site offers. There are many Kakarikis benefiting from the information given out to the owners.
I heard that not so long ago the Kakarikis were very few in number and that the wild ones were all caught in an attempt to save the species. If this is true then you should praise yourselves on the support you give owners.
There are too many species, of animal and bird, running to the brink of extinction and it is sites like this that assist those wishing to save and maintain endangered species that truly deserve the credit.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
JohnV
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject:

He He
...well what more can we say......

D.I.T.T.O

All the above....signlol

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> General Non Kakariki Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: