Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation            Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand
ZEALANDIA: The Karori Sanctuary Experience
Karori Wildlife Sanctuary Wellington, NZ
MOTUIHE PROJECT
Parrot Society of New Zealand

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - Aussie Trip
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

Aussie Trip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> General Non Kakariki Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Aussie Trip

We have just returned from Aussie, while there we met up with Kaka.riki (Greg), and his wife.
They had arranged for us to visit other breeders, but due to plane delays of other meetings of ppl we had to met up with, and time restictions, were unable to visit other parrot breeders, Greg hard organised.
It was great to meet Greg, sharing ideas methods over coffee.
We saw his avairies and stock...
Very impressed at the professionalism of his breeding programs, and even more impressed at the condition, size, of his kakariki.
It was so refreshing to see kakariki kept in such clean conditions...his avairys/flights are of the highest standard, as are his birds.

It was our 1st time actually seeing mutations (these dont exist in NZ) ...what beautfull birds and still look like kakariki as we know in NZ.

Anyone in Aussie looking for good kakariki as pets or stock, Greg is highly recomended.

A special thanks to Greg and his wife to the hospitality shown us.

Steps.

Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject:

So glad you had a good time (though busy by the sound of it) It must have been great to see the mutations in person and gregs birds I hear are unbeleivable!!!!!
Wendo
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: lookinf for Yellow crown Kaki

Hi Steptoe

I live in Queensland. I ordered a breeding pair of yellow Kaki's, they came from South Aussie. They were suppose to be yellow, but when they arrived they were red. The guy said to the people over here he did not realise they were an order for someone and thought they just wanted them for the shop.
I went and looked at them. I figured they had flown all this way, maybe I was meant to have them. I fell in love with them. So now I need to find some yellow, as I have a hand rared one and would really like to try my hand at breed them.
You said Greg and his wife have some great birds. I was wondering would he fly them to sunny Queensland?
Do you have a contact number or address so I I could give them a call?
Cheers!
Wendo <v>
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject:

No I will not give out any personal details...
Ands as you may see, greg and many of the regulars have not posted for a while...
That does not mean they are not regular vistors...

There are certain things on a web site the Admin is privy, and one of them is the logs as to when members/visitors ...visit
They all visit very regularly...
They will see this post
In case you are not awhere
When you revisit and logged on, a link appears. top left box, and in the loggin box on the right, "View Forum Posts Since Last Visit" clk on this and a list of these posts appears.
And what usually happens is they or you contact privately using the PM button.

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Steps is correct in saying I haven't posted on here for some time. The reason for this is that we have been busy shifting our collection to their new owner. We still have some birds here and I am hoping that very shortly we will be able to reveal a new exciting mutation to the members of this site.
I still visit the site regularly and am still available to help anyone out that is looking for good quality birds. Our collection has gone to a breeder who has retired from the work force and he is putting in a big effort to ensure that the new mutations we have bred in our aviaries continue to increase in numbers. For those breeders looking for ANY type of Kakariki simply send me a private message and I will be happy to assist in putting you in touch with the right breeders.
Steptoe has invited us to stay on and help with questions on the site and both my wife and I are keen to do so. The reason for re-locating our birds is two fold. The weather here in Sth Australia can be harsh over the summer months and due to my work commitments (which happens to be running an air conditioning business) we simply didn't have the time required to work with some of the new mutations we have produced. The second reason is our passion for cars. I have always wanted to build and own a hot rod and that is exactly what I intend to do with my limited spare time for the next few years. As I said previously we will still have some birds here and once the aviary complex has been revamped I will post some picture. We have taken a leaf from Steptoe and the new aviaries will be in a part of our yard that will enable us to have more interaction with the birds. Time to sit back and watch someone else enjoy the challenges of breeding these little champions.
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The second reason is our passion for cars.

Our Ground up rebuilds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> General Non Kakariki Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: