Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation            Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

ZEALANDIA: The Karori Sanctuary Experience
Kiwi House and Native Bird Park
The National Wildlife Centre
MOTUIHE PROJECT
Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - strange position what it it ,please?!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

strange position what it it ,please?!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Breeding in Captivity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToryXX
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: strange position what it it ,please?!!

Hi,
Please i need help if somebody can tell me....my kakariki (the female,i think) she make a position like in this picture ( and she make so soft voice like ,a..a...a...a,,)

And the another kakariki(because i have 2) like i know her also like a female,she try to stop her with her legs to don't make anymore this position(i see that she don't like it)....and after 5 minuts I see the first kakariki who make this position ,she feed from her neck the second kakariki...so i don't know ...i know that the males they feen from them necks,or?.......to me it's strange...i know that i have 2 females and they kiss often ,one of them who make this position she also feed the another one and so on....so what it's happening ....normal like i know also they are young (like something 13 weeks old) :?:

paarhoudinpopgroot.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.97 KB
 Viewed:  106 Time(s)

paarhoudinpopgroot.jpg

Peter
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Hi Tory,

This is what females do when they invite to mate. Males tend to do that as well when they are not mature enough but this is occasionally.
ToryXX
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Peter for your answer.
About 2 days they make the same sound and same position in the same time....and one of them try to get up (or to step on her body)on the another one....and this is scare for me...is this normal?
Peter
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject:

Hi Tory,

Yes, this normal. To mate the male steps on the back of the female. Then he fold his tail underneath that of the female in such a way that their cloaca's touch each other.

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j266/Rocco-kooi/?action=view&current=RiekieenCoensamen.flv

Source: http://www.hvgool-kakarikie.nl/kakariki1/
Fim made by Paula.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Breeding in Captivity All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: