Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation            Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

Karori Wildlife Sanctuary Wellington, NZ
New Zealand Brown Teal (Pateke)
New Zealand Conservation Management Group
MOTUIHE PROJECT
The National Wildlife Centre

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - Forest and Bird article
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

Forest and Bird article

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apocrypha
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Forest and Bird article

The May 2005 issue of NZ Forest and Bird magazine has a nive article on page 16 called 'saving the ark' with a lot of reference to orange-fronted kakariki.

Well worth a look. Not sure if its available online though.
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject:

Forest and Bird have media releases on line, they do not publish their monthly magazine on line.
There is no reference to the above on their web site.

Quote:
Monday, 16 May 2005, 4:32 pm
Press Release: Royal Forest And Bird Protection Society

Cover story "Saving the Ark" by Dave Hansford asks why DOC has had to struggle to find the resources to safeguard New Zealand's most threatened forest birds from hordes of hungry rats and stoats.

Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject:

Would be interested in reading the article, if someone could scan it and either post it on the site or email it direct to me as I am sure I won't find the publications here in South Africa.
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject:

I have emailed Forest and Bird if they would kindly grant us permission to publish the article. If they do It may only be avaliable to members, which I think is fair, considering it is a current issue of their magazine and most of our members are off shore from NZ.
Forrest and Bird are a very old, established and highly respected conservation organisation in NZ, with interests highly varied.
http://www.forestandbird.org.nz/index.asp

Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I don't see why they can't give permission to offshore members as we would not buy their publication anyway.

Thanks for the effort
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject:

(Recovered Post.)
I have recieved a reply from Forest and Bird
Quote:
Unfortunately we don’t own copyright to reproduce contributed articles and photographs beyond our own magazine or website. Our usual practice has been to post a text version of selected articles from our magazine on our website with a photo or two at least three months after the magazine is published. So I’m afraid we cannot give you a link to access the article as it appears in the magazine. When we select which articles from the May issue are to appear on our website (we can’t post them all) and post them you would be w3c to include a link to it from your website.

The email did continue on regarding support and further contacts which I will follow up later, as time becomes avalible.
I have included a link to Forest and Bird in the NZ Conservation sites block on the front page and in the web links section

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Reference All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: