Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation            Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

New Zealand Brown Teal (Pateke)
New Zealand Conservation Management Group
The National Wildlife Centre
Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand
ZEALANDIA: The Karori Sanctuary Experience

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - Introducing a new kak
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

Introducing a new kak
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Breeding in Captivity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ely

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Introducing a new kak

Hi all

I got a new kak a couple of days ago. The kak i already have is 5 months old now the baby is 5 weeks and we are hand feeding it. When should i put them in together, and how should it be done.
Ely
ely

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Many thanks

Just to say a big THANKYOU
for all advice. Its nice when you can get help from experts when you are a "dare i say it NOVICE"
I will think i could get more help from a fishing site.
Thanks again!!
pabloc
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject:

:fun:

Hi Ely,

get back to us with the reply you get from the fishing site. Applause
We'd appreciate some feedback!
Probably over there they are 24/7 and not so greedy with knowledge and experiences as some are here. Anxious

regards / Pablo

http://kakariki2009.skyrock.com/
http://cyanoramphus.weebly.com/index.html
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I wonder??
over the last 4 or 5 yrs, nearly 1500 threads and 7500 posts, how many questions/ requests have actually gone un answered?
I will stick me neck out and say "very few. if any "

We all do the support here , run the web server, and web sites as volunteers, and out of our own pockets...

From memory , this would be the 1st rude response we have ever had.

Internet Etiquette is repost with the Word "bump" Which 'bumps the thread back to the top in case it has been missed...

Steps
Administrator and Domain Owner.

Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Hmmmm...

this "rude post" thing is something like watching a shooting star, it will be around 5 years until we see the next one. Anxious

May
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Shocked w3c Shocked ...omg.... im embarased to be English emb for many reasons......... this sort of responce to things is just 1.........

and ely.......... this site is def NOT 'noobist'..... ive had loads of help and advice and learnt loads from reading old posts ......

dont forget the world doesnt revolve around UK this forum has members all over the world...... thats why there is a free and very handy time converter.... no ones payed to sit n stare at the forum 24/7 just incase someone wants an instant reply..... its all done for the love of the birds and to share experiance.... and i gues people do have lives to live...!!!!!

you may have noticed...you will get a responce eventually... shame it wasnt the 1 you wanted but manners cost nothing!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

http://littlebirdhouse4mysoul.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/#!/OscarGarland
pabloc
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
..omg.... im embarased to be English

Hi May,

this has nothing to do with being English, so no reason to be embarrased at all!

It's a bit like: having a stiff upper lip webmaster doesn't mean all kiwis are like that! signlol!

regards / Pablo

May
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject:

signlol yeah i get your point but my desision isnt purley based on a forum post Wink hehehe (maybe they ^^^ were just having a bad day or had too many beers)....but my opinion of what the english have been like over the past 1500 years or so... not really a subject for here tho .... but yeah... i think being english stinks signlol but im stuck with it ....unless of course.... i win the lottery..... buy an island in the south pacific n fill it fill of kakariki and make my own rules up ...yay....plan...!!! <v> <v> <v>

Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
but my opinion of what the english have been like over the past 1500 years or so... not really a subject for here tho .... but yeah... i think being english stinks

"not really a subject for here tho "
Why?..its better than the stuff above d'oh!
And also since Im the own the site..what I say goes Whistle Laughing ....

Im a Kiwi, thru and thru...
But without English heritage I would not be the person I am today, and Im proud of it.
Just in the same way a good m8 is proud of his dutch, my wife her Irish, and another m8 Indian , another Chinese
And u know what all these have in common...1000s of years of history.
You would be very suprised how similar they all are.
If u dont know where u come from u dont know where u are going...
And that is the main issue of our youth, the cuture, history, social and family stds are not being passed down
Instead we have this un proven modern new age politically correct social engineering destorying the basic social structure of our civilisation(s)
And if these bloody self righious do gooders took a look bak in the last 5000yrs of history, they will find this has all been done before with disarterous results.
There that should get some comments going Pray

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"not really a subject for here tho "
Why?..its better than the stuff above
And also since Im the own the site..what I say goes ....

signlol

yeah i can understand what youre saying about your ancesterey.... and my personal heritage ...yeah im proud of... what my ancestors did n stuff....and how they survived and where i come from has helped make me who i am...... its just the people who make the decisions about the country i think are out of order..... like the governments through history and....whoever pulls their strings...!!!

i still cant work out if guy faulks night is still celibrated because he almost blew up the houses of parliament....... or cuz he was caught.... Anxious

i think if modern society wasnt run by people who thought more about material gain than humanity then the whole world would be a nicer place..... but then there has always been that problem since history began...probably even before that..... Rolling Eyes

Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
i think if (modern) society wasnt run by people who thought more about material gain than humanity

Think about it..its all in history..old and new.
Yes there have been very good people, but take note what happens to them...and who grows old...

There is idealism and reality...regardless the profitablity and stabilty of a society depends on business...Business depends on profut..Governments depend on Business..
So if one follows thru with this you end up with a Marxist thereory
Then follow thru with A maxist therory and in a hort time a full circle happens because event taht cant survive for long. (Note Communism as we know it and Marxism ae both very different systems in practice

Quote:
what my ancestors did n stuff....and how they survived
I dont think what they did is important but to look at thr mentaliy of the how and why...that gave them the mental foritude to be what they are where...
eg the old British stiff upper lip and simliar commitment atitudes of other cutures... such attitudes are breed in the home.
The trouble is a generation some 30/40 yrs ago decided on a 'free and ndividaul liberal, ' approach...remember the saying back then? "up the establishment"
Then they have children, now those have children and the hippy generation now runs bussiness anfd Governments...the social engineering to the core of the family.
The hippy generation grew up in a post world war..and where a product of a generation of a previous world war, which necessitaed a commitment greater than what was a healty norm for society...so the hippy generation has rebled...So where should the blame lay?
The post Victorians? or the voters who shun the so called extremist minority ' family' parties ?
The rality is this is a natural 'flux' , proceess of society just as the ice ages are to the earth

Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject:

Rolling Eyes hello ely
i can understand your frustration hence everyones on different times and its holiday time of year.
in my opinion i would put them together at the end of hand rearing im not sure think thats about 4 months? happy to try and help.there not a bad lot on here seems we all been bit busy with our lifes..have a nice day
thumb thumb thumb
Looby
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject:

well i thoroughly enjoyed reading those posts!
..soz to be borin', but on a similar note..i have a 14wk old beauty,unfortunately due to probably a small frame i am puzzled to its sex..i suppose it fusses me most which cld suggest a boy but to look at id'd guess female?? hasn't tried to mimic speech either,cld be early days.

Anyhow i am soon to gain anew baby ..i kno the proper practice wld be to introduce both to new surroundings,but the cage i have already seems adequate for two and dont neccesseraly wish to buy a second cage if they shld get along.

wld allowing the meet 'free flying' in the room be risky with the open
cage?
(i do have tempory cage alternative)
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject:

No free fly is just that and cage is home...
We had a pair if kakariki and a king parrot...free fly... but a kakariki in the kings cage or king in the kakariki ...glad I dont know 'kakariki' language but no matter what language it had to be very explicit

OH if u think the king and kakariki have a languge problem....no
The king grew up with kakariki, speaks kakariki fluently, thinks its a kakariki....he doesnt even reconise the other kings signlol

And suprisingly kakarki that havnr met him before think he is just a very very big kakariki signlol

I digess ...new years even , this red wine has been breathing all day, and is very moresh...and havnt fired up thr bbq for dinner yet!!!

Where where we ???
Oh yeah, your best bet is change the cage around, perches new toys etc, change the cnr of the room it is in, and then see how they get on.

Cheers
Steps
off for a refill..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject:

Hello Steptoe and everybody,

I was feeling rather miserable (in bed with a flu), but the last discussion has surely cheered me up! Let me wish you (and your birds, of course!) a very happy New Year.

Pavs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Breeding in Captivity All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: