Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation            Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

New Zealand Brown Teal (Pateke)
Parrot Society of New Zealand
ZEALANDIA: The Karori Sanctuary Experience
The National Wildlife Centre
MOTUIHE PROJECT

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - How do I get cinnamon pieds ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

How do I get cinnamon pieds ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Mutations and Species
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INDI
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: How do I get cinnamon pieds ?

Hi it's been at least a year since i've been to this forum as I moved states. All that aside I would like to ask please what pairings are needed to get cinnamon pieds based on the young I will produce from my pairing below.

I have a cinnamon hen and a green cock bird, there is young in the nest at the moment, firstly can anyone tell me will I get greens, cinnamons, splits etc and which of these colours would be male/female?

If I were to keep one of these babies and source another to put with a young I keep with the intention of breeding cinnamon pieds - what pairing would I have to find, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

(The only thing that stays the same is change !!)
pabloc
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Hi Indi

I hope you like your new place.

I use this:
http://www.gencalc.com/#eng
Very simple and nice online utility. Now for the basic mutations is easier for me, but to work combinations is great.

Right now with this pairing you will get:
- 100% of males green/cin. (/ means split)
- 100% of females green

Now... those siblings, if you pair any of the males with any female, you will always get some cin. hens. But... to be able to get cin. offspring of both sexes you would need a cinamon hen to pair with one of those siblings.

Furthermore, if you want them to be pied, you need the female to be cinnamon dominant pied SF or DF.

Kind regards,

Pablo

http://kakariki2009.skyrock.com/
http://cyanoramphus.weebly.com/index.html
INDI
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject:

Hey thanks Pablo thumb appreciate your response and moreso the fact you explained it in a manner that I understood the genetic offspring aspect of it....awesome, also for the link to the gencalc.

I only recently saw a picture of a cinnamon pied and fell head over heels in love with the gorgeous thing Applause

Also I am enjoying my new place and the birds are enjoying it even more - I missed an entire breeding season for all last year as my aviaries weren't up but they sure are making up for it, have baby Kakarikis, Princess Parrots, Musk Lorikeets, Whiteface Cockatiels, Budgies and Quails Laughing guess they like it here.

Thanks once again for your quick reply, gorgeous birds in your picture by the way.

(The only thing that stays the same is change !!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki Mutations and Species All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: