Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

Kiwi House and Native Bird Park
The National Wildlife Centre
Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand
MOTUIHE PROJECT
ZEALANDIA: The Karori Sanctuary Experience

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - Embarrassing Moments
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

Embarrassing Moments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> General Non Kakariki Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Embarrassing Moments

Today we went the the Nationals of extreme 4x4 driving...
We are not into it but its a friend who organises it...so a few free double passes.. thumb
May well as give him a plug Whistle
http://www.extreme4wd.co.nz/
Russell is a nice guy and knows what hes doing in a 4x4.

And of coarse, one washes the Camaro, and we go in that..I mean go in the wife's Toyota ....got to be joking... Dancing
Anyway a pleasant trip there..drive up this rough farm type tractor driveway. give in the tickets, and they direct us to the car park gate a bit up the ways.Get there and of coarse, they point thru the gate... Idea I say "I'm on my way to the Admin building" Central to everything and head off thumb
One has got to love an Original 1969 Z28 Camaro rumbling up to them. Wink
So there is a nice flat bit of grass right outside the admin,next to the fence right in the middle of Heaps real grunty, 4x4 vehicles, that if u dint look closely at one would think they where piles of mud..
Park, grab the picinc stuff, and enjoy the day....
Well if you don't like "shaggy dog" stories, its to late , you are already 1/2 way thru this one... signlol
Beautiful day, except for 1 heavy down burst of rain...internet rain radars are quite useful...while everyone else gets soaked, we stayed dry. Its the 1st bit of rain we have had for 5 or 6 weeks. Enough to make the grass/dirt tracks a little greasy and bit of interesting rolls down hills and stuff.
So we wander back, thru the bag/binoculars and stuff in the backseat.
Quick hello good bye to Russell...busy man, bit surprised that I took the Camaro over the rough ground to get down there, was glad to to see it there. Laughing
Jumped into the Camaro, turned the key, instant fire into low rumble idle, about 550rpm. It does sound the deep 350cubic inches, V8 Brute Strong very nice. <v>
Drop her into reverse, about 4 ft to get off the grass and onto hard ground.
Roll it back nice and easy.....here we are right in the middle of the top 4x4 drivers and equipment from all over NZ, and the Camaro didn't move back!!!! wall
The front wheels had just dropped a couple inches down into a sheep track next to the fence, just enough, because of the wet grass to NEED A gentle PUSH about a foot. wall wall
The Chevy limited slip diff doesnt work in reverse.

One could not but to see the funny side lmao ...it was a good day. thumb

Oh went to Joe Cocker Concert last night...a concert I would put in the top 3 of all the concerts seen in the last thirty yrs thumb
Don't worry this is not another "shaggy dog" story...I just have nothing else to do right now Whistle ..no I just cant be bothered to do them right now. duno Even took the Camaro for a cruise main street of Auckland, u the place we cruised in our late teens, and every generation did before and after us, doing the same things...no not alllll Shame on you of them. There where a couple,no more than a couple of very nice looking boy racer japer cars..I nearly choked saying that Anxious The rest, well looked after with some shiny mag wheels jappers, wasnt impressed...If u are going to 'rod ' it then 'rod' it and we where at their age. cool
The concert was a real eye opener thu...all these old ppl Shocked So I made the Big mistake of mentioning to my wife...Who as wives do every so often, come out what a shocking reality call statement Idea "Dear, they are YOURRR generation" Anxious
So now I am doing the Egyptian thing...in-de-nile Not talking angel
Well once again, d'oh! as wives do every so often, (too often)come out what a shocking reality call statement "Dear, u have always been in denile"
So what does that mean? Boys dont grow up, their toys just get bigger.
So its MY fault my parents gave me Match Box toy cars to play with ? wall
So as parents we also failed..we to gave our boys toy cars to play with, may be we should have given them......just Dont give small boys ANY toys...what ever they have it is going to be big later in life. Crayons to grafiitti. wall
O well of to get things ready for work tomorrow.
P.S I have had the Camaro for 26 yrs...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> General Non Kakariki Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: