Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:47 pm Post subject: WORLD CUP FOOTBALL - LIST OF TV RULES
Dear Wife, Partner, Girlfriend,
1. From 9 June to 9 July 2006, you should read the sports section of the newspaper so that you are aware of what is going on regarding the World Cup, and that way you will be able to join in the conversations. If you fail to do this, then you will be looked at in a bad way, or you will be totally ignored. DO NOT complain about not receiving any attention.
2. During the World Cup, the television is mine, at all times, without any exceptions. If you even take a glimpse of the remote control, you will lose it (your eye).
3. If you have to pass by in front of the TV during a game, I don't mind, as long as you do it crawling on the floor and without distracting me. If you decide to stand nude in front of the TV, make sure you put clothes on right after because if you catch a cold, I wont have time to take you to the doctor or look after you during the World Cup month.
4. During the games I will be blind, deaf and mute, unless I require a refill of my drink or something to eat. You are out of your mind if you expect me to listen to you, open the door, answer the telephone, or pick up the baby that just fell on the floor....It won’t happen.
5. It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on, and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV between 12am and 6am, unless they replay a good game that I missed during the day.
6. Please, please, please!! If you see me upset because one of my teams is losing, DO NOT say "get over it, its only a game", or "don't worry, they'll win next time". If you say these things, you will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will never ever know more about football than me and your so called "words of encouragement" will only lead to a break up or divorce.
7. You are to sit with me to watch one game and you can talk to me during halftime but only when the commercials are on, and only if the halftime score is pleasing me. In addition, please note I am saying "one" game; hence do not use the World Cup as a nice cheesy excuse to "spend time together".
8. The replays of the goals are very important. I don't care if I have seen them or I haven't seen them, I want to see them again. Many times.
9. Tell your friends NOT to have any babies, or any other child related parties or gatherings that requires my attendance because:
a) I will not go,
b) I will not go, and
c) I will not go.
10. But, if a friend of mine invites us to his house on a Sunday to watch a game, we will be there in a flash.
11. The daily World Cup highlights show on TV every night is just as important as the games themselves. Do not even think about saying "but you have already seen this...why don't you change the channel to something we can all watch?" because, the reply will be, "Refer to Rule #2 of this list".
12. And finally, please save your expressions such as "Thank God the World Cup is only every 4 years". I am immune to these words, because after this comes the Champions League, Italian League, Spanish League, Premier League, FA Cup, etc.
Thats what happens after work every Monday here
The projector is turned on, screen pulled down and that morings NASCAR race watched for the next 4 to 6 hrs
And it is not just me, my wife is the bigger fan _________________ My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'
I played up to Jnr reps growing up, And coached jnr teams as our boys where growing, I have never realy been able to get into Soccor as a spectator sport, unless it is from the side l
I enjoy watching top level Rugby on TV more, I dont like sitting down to the TV very much.
Steps _________________ My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'
LOL allen I know that.........but you should see the hype over here you would think we had actually won it......it will be a miracle if we actually score a goal........I think sport is taken WAY too seriously over here LOL
LOL Karen I live in melbourne........Melbourne sport is a religen down here and pushed on kids like you wouldnt beleive..............it could be world war 3 and we would still have AFL players on the front page of the newspaper ....Dont get me wrong though i do like sport but somtimes it like "hello its a game"
Plus were just so good at everything its getting boring now
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:25 pm Post subject: WORLD CUP FOOTBALL - LIST OF TV RULES
Hi Guys quote Allen " Being in it doesn,t mean Aus is going to do well. In fact, Aus will be lucky to win a game." Just in case Allen didn't catch last nights score Australia 3 (ranked 42 in world) beat Japen 1 (ranked 18th in world). Cheers all Aussie Aussie Aussie. Kev
Hi Guys i hope everyone knows i was only have a joke with Allen. Just like the cricket last summer. He loves to stir us aussies and we love to bite.
m8 Those SA guys are fair game..
On the other hand so are Aussies and Yankss they bite well to...if they didnt bite its no fun .
Like is to short to be to serious _________________ My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum