Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation            Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

Karori Wildlife Sanctuary Wellington, NZ
Parrot Society of New Zealand
The National Wildlife Centre
New Zealand Conservation Management Group
New Zealand Brown Teal (Pateke)

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - WORLD CUP FOOTBALL - LIST OF TV RULES
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

WORLD CUP FOOTBALL - LIST OF TV RULES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> General Non Kakariki Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karen
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: WORLD CUP FOOTBALL - LIST OF TV RULES

Dear Wife, Partner, Girlfriend,

1. From 9 June to 9 July 2006, you should read the sports section of the newspaper so that you are aware of what is going on regarding the World Cup, and that way you will be able to join in the conversations. If you fail to do this, then you will be looked at in a bad way, or you will be totally ignored. DO NOT complain about not receiving any attention.

2. During the World Cup, the television is mine, at all times, without any exceptions. If you even take a glimpse of the remote control, you will lose it (your eye).

3. If you have to pass by in front of the TV during a game, I don't mind, as long as you do it crawling on the floor and without distracting me. If you decide to stand nude in front of the TV, make sure you put clothes on right after because if you catch a cold, I wont have time to take you to the doctor or look after you during the World Cup month.

4. During the games I will be blind, deaf and mute, unless I require a refill of my drink or something to eat. You are out of your mind if you expect me to listen to you, open the door, answer the telephone, or pick up the baby that just fell on the floor....It won’t happen.

5. It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on, and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV between 12am and 6am, unless they replay a good game that I missed during the day.

6. Please, please, please!! If you see me upset because one of my teams is losing, DO NOT say "get over it, its only a game", or "don't worry, they'll win next time". If you say these things, you will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will never ever know more about football than me and your so called "words of encouragement" will only lead to a break up or divorce.

7. You are w3c to sit with me to watch one game and you can talk to me during halftime but only when the commercials are on, and only if the halftime score is pleasing me. In addition, please note I am saying "one" game; hence do not use the World Cup as a nice cheesy excuse to "spend time together".

8. The replays of the goals are very important. I don't care if I have seen them or I haven't seen them, I want to see them again. Many times.

9. Tell your friends NOT to have any babies, or any other child related parties or gatherings that requires my attendance because:
a) I will not go,
b) I will not go, and
c) I will not go.

10. But, if a friend of mine invites us to his house on a Sunday to watch a game, we will be there in a flash.

11. The daily World Cup highlights show on TV every night is just as important as the games themselves. Do not even think about saying "but you have already seen this...why don't you change the channel to something we can all watch?" because, the reply will be, "Refer to Rule #2 of this list".

12. And finally, please save your expressions such as "Thank God the World Cup is only every 4 years". I am immune to these words, because after this comes the Champions League, Italian League, Spanish League, Premier League, FA Cup, etc.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Thats what happens after work every Monday here
The projector is turned on, screen pulled down and that morings NASCAR race watched for the next 4 to 6 hrs
And it is not just me, my wife is the bigger fan

Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject:

Luckily I am engaged to a man who has little interest in footy.....HOORAY!!!!
Bleedin football...grrr!! Wink

Foundation Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject:

I find Soccer extremely boring to watch only positive thing about the game is that it's one of the few games the Aussies can't get too cocky about.
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject:

I played up to Jnr reps growing up, And coached jnr teams as our boys where growing, I have never realy been able to get into Soccor as a spectator sport, unless it is from the side l
I enjoy watching top level Rugby on TV more, I dont like sitting down to the TV very much.
Steps

Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Hey........... Allen we are in it this year LOL and there is MASSIVE hype about it over here.
Allen
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject:

Being in it doesn,t mean Aus is going to do well. In fact, Aus will be lucky to win a game.
ksue
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject:

LOL allen I know that.........but you should see the hype over here you would think we had actually won it......it will be a miracle if we actually score a goal........I think sport is taken WAY too seriously over here LOL
Karen
Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject:

Bite your tongue! Shocked Sport can never be taken too seriously!
ksue
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject:

LOL Karen I live in melbourne........Melbourne sport is a religen down here and pushed on kids like you wouldnt beleive..............it could be world war 3 and we would still have AFL players on the front page of the newspaper Rolling Eyes ....Dont get me wrong though i do like sport but somtimes it like "hello its a game"
Laughing Plus were just so good at everything its getting boring now Laughing
Cattscapes
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: WORLD CUP FOOTBALL - LIST OF TV RULES

Hi Guys quote Allen " Being in it doesn,t mean Aus is going to do well. In fact, Aus will be lucky to win a game." Just in case Allen didn't catch last nights score Australia 3 (ranked 42 in world) beat Japen 1 (ranked 18th in world). Cheers all Aussie Aussie Aussie. Kev
Cattscapes
Foundation Member
Foundation Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: WORLD CUP FOOTBALL - LIST OF TV RULES

Hi Guys i hope everyone knows i was only have a joke with Allen. Just like the cricket last summer. He loves to stir us aussies and we love to bite. Cheers Kev
Steptoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Hi Guys i hope everyone knows i was only have a joke with Allen. Just like the cricket last summer. He loves to stir us aussies and we love to bite.

lmao
m8 Those SA guys are fair game..
On the other hand so are Aussies and Yankss they bite well to...if they didnt bite its no fun signlol.
Like is to short to be to serious signlol

Snr Member
Snr Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject:

Crying or Very sad Australia out of the World Cup! Those Italian men apart from being gorgeous are also good actors!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> General Non Kakariki Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: